Cherrapunji, Meghalaya Climate & Temperature
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India is at 25°15'N, 91°43'E, 1313 m (4308 ft). See map.
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cherrapunji, Meghalaya is situated in or near the subtropical rain forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 17.5 degrees Celsius (63.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.5 °C (15.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 16.7°C (62°F) on average falling to 9.3°C (48.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 21.7°C (71°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.7°C (72.8°F) and average low temperatures are 17.7°C (63.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 21.7°C (71°F) during the day and lows of 15.3°C (59.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 11420 mm (449.6 inches) which is equivalent to 11420 Litres/m² (280.1 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Cherrapunji, Meghalaya you would pop up nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Cherrapunji, Meghalaya Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Cherrapunji, Meghalaya Climate Graph in Metric Units
Cherrapunji, Meghalaya Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dibrugarh/ Mohanbari, India - 410.7 kms (255.2 miles) NE
- Dibrugarh, Assam, India - 401.7 kms (249.6 miles) NE
- Khamti, Myanmar - 406.3 kms (252.5 miles) ENE
- Homalin, Myanmar - 323.5 kms (201 miles) E
- Katha, Myanmar - 480 kms (298.3 miles) ESE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 346 kms (215 miles) SE
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 322.6 kms (200.5 miles) S
- Monywa, Myanmar - 492.5 kms (306 miles) SE
- Mindat, Myanmar - 485.9 kms (301.9 miles) SSE